Online Mentoring Training Modules
Courses are available for individuals and groups!
Oulu University Teacher Training School has launched a new online in-service training programme.
The training is targeted to mentors who support their colleagues in the field of education.
The content is organised into themes which all cover a number of independent modules of 2-4 study hours each.
There are several modules to choose from in each theme.
Theme "The professional identity of a mentor" includes modules
- Key Principles Behind High Quality Mentoring
- Learner-centered and context-specific mentoring
- From teacher to mentor – shifting professional identity
- Building mentor’s professional identity
Theme "Mentoring and Reflection" covers
- The critical role of reflection in professional development
- Developing mentee-initiated reflection in mentoring through practical research
- Tools to assist novice teacher reflection from practice
- Fostering reflective learning community in mentoring
Theme "Newly qualified teachers as mentees" will give participants knowledge about
- Newly qualified teachers’ challenges and resources
- Newly qualified teachers as members of the work community
- Addressing emotions in mentoring newly qualified teachers
- Newly qualified teachers and students’ parents
The modules support a focused approach that form a set of foundational mentoring skills.
Get in touch to apply to a module!
Dr. Raimo Salo
+358 50 51 671 79
raimo.salo (at) oulu.fi
University of Oulu is audited by Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC)
Yes, please, send me more information about the online training for mentors.